Welcome to Lee Psychological Services
At Lee Psychological Services, we believe that batterers use abuse to gain power and control over their intimate partners. Abuse is behavior that physically harms or creates fear in the victim. A batterer often prevents his/her intimate partner from doing what he/she wants to do.
Batterers are not “out of control” as the result of poor anger management, stress, or substance abuse. They have learned to use abuse to get what they want. The good news is that, because abuse is learned behavior, it can be unlearned.
Characteristics of a Male Batterer
- Reports having been physically or psychologically abused as a child.
- His Mother was battered by his father.
- He loses his temper frequently and more easily than seem necessary.
- He drinks alcohol and/or uses drugs excessively at times.
- He displays an unusual amount of jealousy when his partner is not around.
- He has rigid ideas of what people should do that are determined by male or female sex role or stereotypes.
- He is uncomfortable in expressing feelings like fear, anxiety, embarrassment, disappointment, and tenderness.
- He becomes enraged when you do not listen to him.
- He appears to have a dual personality.
What We Do
Lee Psychological Services, believes that domestic violence must be addressed within the context of the individual’s total spiritual, emotional, psychological and physiological well being.
Call Us Today!
Please contact us anytime! We look forward to hearing from you. "I'm always looking for ways to help market my very affordable, effective psychological services.
Thumbtack is a good way for me to help me show off my expertise in handling and solving family violence issues, substance abuse problems, trauma and much more. Check out my listing to learn even more about what I do!"
582 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
- Innovative,state-of-art curriculum
- Comprehensive Clinical Assessments
- Individualized Treatment Plans
- Confidential Group Therapy sessions
- Couples therapy for partners